AltLinc @ The Lincoln Vintage Fair

A selection of vintage shoes

Jackets, Jeans, Shoes, Everything I need for my 50s costume

We at AltLinc like to think ourselves as lovers of all things vintage and alternative, the clue is in the name.  So when another vintage fair presented itself we took the opportunity and headed on down to see if Nathan and Mikey could find that illusive leather jacket they’ve been searching for in their sizes.

A selection of multi colored jackets

Enough Jackets to shake a stick at

The New Life church was full to the brim of enthusiast and lovers of vintage when Saturday the 15th came around.  The room was awash with the clothing, colours and scent of vintage as we took a casual stroll around the centre in search of our own slice of the past.

While we were walking around the event we were quite surprised to see vast amounts of items which weren’t fashion related.

It’s hard to break a stereotype that people interested in vintage are only interested in the clothes but there were a lot of items such as stands, toys from the 50s and 60s, cutlery and other household items which, I must admit, would have looked really good on my desk.

Shows and fairs like this can really show you something that you might not have had an interested in before and make you interested in them.  Just the sheer amount of clothing that looked classy and stylish despite its age, which was on show, really hit me.

It bought me to the realization that vintage isn’t about reliving the past because they were the “glory days” it was about appreciating what the past had to offer and keeping that legacy alive.

Companies like The Vintage Scene, who were also present at the Drill Hall Vintage Fair, returned to show off their range of clothing from the 80s and 90s.

A selection of jackets available from the Vintage Scene

More great clothing from the Vintage Scene

With such a diverse range of clothing and styles under one roof it really got me itching to buy some of it, something which usually only happens around video games for me.

We did eventually find the leather jackets we were looking for, but again size limitations prevented me from making a smart purchase and I had to come away from the fair empty handed again.

Were you at fair?  Find anything you liked?  Let us know on Twitter @AltLinc with #LincolnVintage